View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #7256
Feņa14
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickC View Post
It definitely is time for Torres to move on, perhaps we could send him somewhere with cash in hand for someone else? Sturridge will go too, I actually think he should go abroad. Italy perhaps? Soldado would fit the bill for striker, I think he'd come cheap. And I have always loved the way Valencia play, he'd feel right at home with Mata peppering balls into the box for him. Hell, maybe we could send Torres to Barcelona for Villa? That would be awesome, Villa is amazing.

As for midfield, I think you're right when you point out those three. Who else is out there, maybe Gundogan as you've said before, maybe the Bender twins, Badstuber perhaps? Hell, we could probably get M'Villa on the cheap now that he's been crap this season and the Arsenal interest never came to fruition, and he's still a good player.
Soldado is certainly an option, whenever i've seen him he seems to be a threat in the air, which we don't really have and it would be a good option. Jackson has scored goals wherever he's played, South America, Porto and Internationally too.

Personally i'd like to see Falcao, Remy or Jackson and Lukaku as the 3 strikers. As for the 3 midfielders to replace Essien, Meireles and Lampard.. that's a bit trickier. I hear Busquets wants to experience a different league, if Guardiola comes then it would make sense. As for the other two, Cabaye is like a quality version of Meireles and Newcastle would probably struggle to keep all of their big players for another season. The last one i'd probably go with someone younger like Gundogan, absolutely. Those 3 and Mikel and Ramires makes sense to me, as it stands we only have Mikel, Ramires and Lampard in the middle, which isn't enough to be playing 3 games a week for the majority of the season.

We've seen that whilst we have a great first XI, the depth is a bit short in certain areas (striker and midfield). Half of the team who played in the League Cup had to play again at the weekend, whilst only Rafael did so for Man Utd.
Feņa14 is offline   Reply With Quote