View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #25
FD3S
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwankPeRFection View Post
Meh, making this car an NA car (i.e. non-turbo) will be like making another POS like the current Subaru BRZ/Toyota 86. (Why the F they didn't leave the VF turbo on that boxer is beyond me...) Without a turbo it'll just suck, I don't care how you cook it. Besides, you can't take a legend car of the 90's and strip the very things that made it what it was. They did that with the RX-8 and it sucked ***. Maybe I'm just a traditionalist, but I don't believe if taking one of those icons and trying to reinvent them by stripping away the very heart that made it what it was.
I just saw this post :P The reviews on the FR-S/BRZ seem to be pretty solid across the board, and a light-weight car RWD car doesn't necessarily need forced induction to be fun. It's no 86, but it looks like it would handle being tossed into corners pretty well.

If Mazda end up going the forced induction route, I'd probably prefer if the new RX-7 went with a single turbine - the sequential twin turbo setup on the FD caused a lot of problems down the line, even if A LOT of the problems were caused by ignorant owners. If they go NA - just make the new engine have more torque than the Renesis and we'll be good.
FD3S is offline   Reply With Quote