View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #60
TomT
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boy View Post
Hi Tom.. for first video, your standing to near the net after u hit your approach shots.. i know your preparing to volley but if your standing too near the net your only inviting your opp to lob u.. optimum distance should roughly be half way from net and service line..

And i notice that u dun keep your other free hand on the throat of the racquet.. try to do this as it helps with grip change when u hit your top spin BH... at the ready postion free hand should be on throat of racquet
Thanks Sky Boy. Will keep these tips in mind. I have been, well, at times anyway, trying to concentrate on keeping left (free) hand on throat of racquet in preparation for all shots. It's just a matter of practice and repitition, repitition .... etc.

Also appreciate your suggestions regarding court positioning. I know you're right, but for an old and not very experienced player like me some of this stuff is actually hard to do.

Hey, post some vids of your play so I can see who I'm talking to.