View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #6
TomT
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigant2984 View Post
so thursday will be my first league match ever, i am super nervous cause my serve is very inconsistent, i hope my opponent doesn't get frustrated with me if i'm not getting the ball over every time, i don't want to lose just from faults, i understand that were there to play, what can i do to prepare myself with this serve ? i'm in NYC so its a little to cold to go out a try serving,but i just might have to.
Just relax and have fun playing the game. Nobody else gives a **** whether you win or lose, so why should you? Deep breaths, relax between points, relax when you stroke your shots. Drink lots of water. Make honest line calls. Treat your opponent with respect. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

It's a wonderful hobby. Don't overly complicate it. Just a humble opinion from somebody who's thankful to be able to get out on the court and compete at any level.

Hey, even I win a match sometimes.

By the way, it just occurred to me that the Tennis League Network is in your (NYC) area. Check it out.

Last edited by TomT : 11-06-2012 at 08:25 PM.
TomT is offline   Reply With Quote