View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 06:24 AM   #55
Power Player
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshs View Post
My level is not that high, and I don't see such balls often, so it is a big pain.
You want to raise your game a level? Focus on footwork and prep and movement. I guarantee after months of that you will be able to handle a lot more spins and be playing at a higher level.

The best thing to do is take a lesson with a pro and ask to focus specifically on that. I did it on clay and discovered the takeback on my backhand was not fluid and timed properly. Fixed that rather fast and suddenly my backhand was not attackable all the time. then I had to focus on moving my weight into my shots, which takes time as well. Huge improvement on backhand there..boils down to footwork. I was 15-18% Body fat and dropped to ~11% - huge difference in movement. So I would also suggest running and jumping rope on days you dont play tennis.

It sounds like you are late and need to improve your footwork. Like most players. And honestly even with that at the forefront of my mind, there are some days I just don't have it and it is still a struggle.
Power Player is offline   Reply With Quote