View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #45
krz
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo View Post
I hope not. From a marketing standpoint, if Mazda price the new RX-7 as low as $20-25k, it'll de-value the RX-7 brand/image. RX-7 has established itself as a premium, no-nonsense sports car. It was originally designed to compete with the likes of Porsche. You can't price the car at the Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ and say you want to compete with Porsche. If the RX-7 is in the conversation with the NSX's, 911's, GT-R's, etc., it can't be priced that low.

I don't know about the sound. I found it to be fake, "tries too hard", and ultimately super annoying. That drone made me not want to go onto the highway.
I agree with both of these points. If they are going to build a true RX-7 successor (RX-8 was far from that) it's going to cost a lot more than 20-25K. They sold for nearly 40K in the early 90's priced pretty much on par with the Supras. So, a new true RX-7 with a MSRP into the 40's-50's wouldn't be out of the question. Though the car is going to need some serious performance.

I can't stand 350z/370z's either not only does the car "try to hard" but, it's kinda the image I have of the drivers too.

On the topic of the BRZ/FRS they are planning a turbo version so, I have high hopes for that one.

Last edited by krz : 11-07-2012 at 11:46 AM.
krz is offline   Reply With Quote