View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #46
OrangePower
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beernutz View Post
From all this discussion it appears I'm probably in the minority of players who have never called a hindrance in league play. I've been playing USTA and our local league regularly since 2005 and have yet to call a hindrance on an opponent in either doubles or singles. In fact I don't think I've even warned an opponent who I thought was exhibiting questionable behavior that what they were doing (e.g. yelling while the ball was headed towards us) might be construed as a hindrance. I have however discussed it with a doubles partner when I thought their actions might be considered a hindrance by the other team. The flip side of that coin is that I've also never had an opponent call a hindrance on me or my partner either.
You are not alone... I've never called a hindrance either, in 6 or 7 years of USTA play. Actually I don't think I've even ever witnessed a hindrance being called (by opponents or adjacent courts).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdoorknob View Post
Yeah I never really understood the need to warn or desire to be warned about short lobs. If my partner hits a short lob, I can typically figure it out without much problem or delay and without any verbal help from my partner.
Agree with this.
OrangePower is offline   Reply With Quote