View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #9
luishcorreia
Professional

Send a message via MSN to luishcorreia Send a message via Skype™ to luishcorreia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhallic24 View Post
Not bad looking serves, in terms of final result, but the form is I agree, leaves work to be done. I think your coach probably had a point in getting you to get that hitting arm up before tossing, but if you want to "make it look pretty" as tehy say, your gonna have to bring that arm up either:
1. as you toss. or 2. lagging a little bit after the toss.

Idon't like the tube socks drill so much but I usually just practice shadow swinging the serve maybe 4-5 times, then the 5th time or so you actually hit the ball. REcord that. Try and get into a smooth rhythm and groove that shot.

Also watch the guys with serves you think look nice. ie. a federer or a sampras or whomever you choose. Try and incorporate their smooth, fluid motion into your serve.

good luck.
Thanks. Today i sarted doing just that. i sarted to go back to down together, up together. These two months where good to gain muscle memory, and today my pro was eally able to give me a tip that I could understand...ita funny..but some tips ressonate better. Know I understand what is a continuous motion on my serve.

Need to practice more.