View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #44
db10s
Hall Of Fame

Tension used for playtest 56 lbs.
Regular string set up Dunlop Black Widow 17, 56lbs.
Racquet brand and model used for test Dunlop Biomimetic Max 200G
Power of test string To me it felt a little too powerful, which made some of my balls that would normally land in a little bit deep. On some shots it also seemed like I couldn't get the ball deep enough and it would land inside of the service line.
Feel Nothing special here, average. Not crisp but not mushy either.
Spin Not as good as other smooth polys, but better than syn gut.... Felt like it was on the low side.
Comfort Best attribute of this string in my opinion, nice and soft for a poly.
Durability About average for a poly in 17 Gauge. Lasted about 7.5 hours
Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time) Very slight tension loss, not really noticeable, also a strong point for this string in my opinion. Not sure if this had to do with the factory prestretch.
Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?) This is where I didn't think it was rewarding. It seemed like on some shots I could get it where I want it, but on other shots it seemed to spray the balls a little bit.
Compare to the string you use most often Not as much spin. Almost as comfortable. A bit more power. A bit less control.
Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?) I would try this at around 39 lbs. Not sure why, just seems like this is a string that would play better at low tension.
Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes. I liked the comfort and tension maintenance, while I felt like it lacked the control I'm used to.

Thanks Guys!