View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #12
pvaudio
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
I found that it's definitely not a magic bullet but it does help. Honestly, the closest thing to a magic bullet is probably NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, etc.), but you really don't want to depend on them. I've had knee problems in the past, but I've dealt with it using a mix of exercises (including deep squats, calf raises, and reverse calf raises) and natural supplements (including glucosamine, collagen, and herbal remedies like tumeric).
Not exactly, because they do not address the cause of the problem. You take NSAIDs for tendinitis and bursitis because they allows you lower pain levels to do the therapy you need to recover. It's whatever you were doing before that caused the inflammation that needs to be removed or remedied through therapy so that it no longer causes said inflammation.

Before someone posts 100 links saying that NSAIDs are part of tendinitis recovery, I know this since I have been through years of physical therapy on my shoulder before they realized I'd actually torn something. It's just like cortisone shots in that they help reduce the pain and inflammation so that you can strengthen the joint in question.
pvaudio is offline   Reply With Quote