View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #31
jonnyjack
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow1029 View Post
ANSWERS IN RED

1. Who is responsible for making the call when a player hits a ball that bounces on the court before going over the net?

A. The player that hit the ball
B. The opponent
I originally read this as a double bounce scenario. I didn't know the rule for this though. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow1029 View Post
ANSWERS IN RED

4. If one player refuses the 5-minute warm-up prior to a match, then:

A. The other player is entitled to a 5 minute warm-up with any person of his/her choice, with coaching allowed
B. The other player is entitled to a 5 minute warm-up with any person of his/her choice, with NO coaching allowed (THE WARM-UP IS CONSIDERED THE START OF THE MATCH WITH REGARD TO TOILET BREAKS AND COACHING, SO NO COACHING ALLOWED DURING THE WARM-UP)
C. The other player can hit serves for 5 minutes, but can't choose another person to come warm-up with
D. The warm-up doesn't happen
Is this for tournaments and league? I know that a sub may be used in league if a player got injured during the warmup. In league, the match is considered have started when the very first serve is struck so I thought that implied that the warm up wasn't exactly the official start. We can also use new lineups if it starts raining during the warm up provided none of the lines have started too.

I was in a league match earlier this year when our teammates gave us coaching advice right after the warm up. I didn't really want to hear it anyway but my opponent was saying you can't and my teammates were saying the match doesn't officially start until that first serve is struck. They started arguing and I just said, let's play already!

woodrow1029: Can you show me where the rule is for this? Not doubting you, just want to know where for reference should this come up again. I have looked but I couldn't find it anywhere.