View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
jw-simon
New User

Default Weak Division 1 Universities

Hello all. I recently received an offer from a college in the NAIA to play for them in the fall of 2013(Mens) . I'm currently weighing up my options for next year and the year after.

Here's a little bio on myself-I'm ranked in the top 20 of my country(average tennis country) under18(boys).I train hard and I'm improving all the time.
I'm in my senior year of high school and I want to get a scholarship to a university(div 1 or 2) in 2013 or 2014.I know I am good enough to play college tennis.

Through research I have found numerous people saying that there are some weak to very weak universities in D1 ncaa. I am from an average Tennis country in Europe and I'm not familiar with the standards.
Obviously I know that UCLA,USC and Stanford play at a huge standard but the further down the rankings I have less knowledge.
Could anyone list some Ok standard and weak standard D1 and D2 universities for me(particularly in the middle/southern states of america) ?

Would I be able to receive a scholarship to these universities(ntrp 4.5/5.0) ?
If I thought that they would take me then I would probably choose the higher ranked school for academic purposes !
Thank you for reading my post !
jw-simon is offline   Reply With Quote