View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #71
TomT
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boy View Post
Hi Tom.. regarding your serves, i feel your tossing too low.. tossing arm should finish higher.. it's important to toss higher becuz if u dun u will be rushing your body into the serve losing power in that way.. For detailed explaination u can try fuzzy yellow ball website..

As for my video, i dun have a video cam right now.. will probably buy or borrow 1 sometime in the future..
Hi Sky_Boy, thanks for the tip. However, in the case of the serve I want to keep the toss low in order to keep it as simple as possible (think: Roscoe Tanner, etc.). I'm not actually worried about my serve at this time. It could be a lot better of course, but it's very consistent, and a very easy motion for me the way I do it now. Against 4.0 to 3.5+ it's effective enough to get me into the point. Against weak 3.5 and below it's a weapon.

Of course, when everything gets stronger and the hand/wrist heals fully, then I want to try to do some things (which will probably involve experimenting with a slightly higher toss) to improve it that I can't really do effectively now. Ie., bend into the court, point (bring feet together), knee bend, and extending more (maybe even jumping a little) into contacting the ball.