View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #9
Mainad
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceansize View Post
I too thought after winning a Slam, he would be able to relax and enjoy his tennis more. However, he still seems uptight and prone to taking the 'try not to lose' mentality on to the court.

I'm thinking it's time to accept that Murray will never be able to consistently play attacking, positive tennis like Federer and Djokovic have done. I know lots of people would say he's just not as talented as these guys, but personally, i think he's not far off, it's just that he's mentally too negative and nervous in the big matches.
I think I agree with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceansize View Post
Who knows, a holiday and some time with Lendl and his sports psychologist might be able to help in the off season.
He's been with Lendl for almost a year now. Sure, he helped him to win his first Grand Slam but it's seemed all a bit downhill since then. I do wonder how much more time would he need to spend with him to become consistently more confident in his matches? You're probably right that he's never going to be as consistent as Djokovic, Federer and Nadal have been.