View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #10
Mainad
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netspirit View Post
If not for the crazy wind that disrupted Djokovic's game he would not have won the USO. And if not for the Fed-DelPo suicide semi-final we would not have won the Olympics.
Oh come on, not this again. If only wishes were fishes and my uncle was only my aunt! How come the wind only blew on Djokovic's side of the court? And if Fed had beaten Delpo 6-0,6-0 in their Olympic semi or vice versa, how the heck do we know what would have happened in the final?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netspirit View Post
The guy is at the same level he has ever been, maybe a notch better mentally. He did not turn into a multi-slam winning beast overnight, despite all the bandwagoning here.
You're probably right. But you have to give Murray some credit for his successes. They can't ALL be down to wind factors or opponents' off-days. If you truly believe that, then you're basically saying Murray is an EXCEPTIONALLY lucky player, virtually unique in the entire annals of the tour! Is that really what you want to say?