View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #47
Alohajrtennis
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterbill View Post
OK, I'll go way out on a limb here and say U Washington has a lot better chance of winning more matches/having a successful program/doing better in the Pac-12 and ITA rankings by recruiting nationally and internationally than by recruiting in their back yard.
Since we striving for accuracy, I think it only fair that youe review what I wrote. I wrote:

1) her primary(I didn't say exclusive) recruiting area should be her back yard(could be interpreted various ways, but I think really the Pacific Northwest is a better interpetation, not just Washington State). Every decent recruiting coach knows you have to own your own backyard. This is just common sense. Things is, schools like Arizona State, who finished ahead of Washington, managed to find some players from the PNW.

2) I said I believe having some international players is a good thing.

So, yes, if she wants to compete in the PAC-12, she needs to recruit from all three areas, in that order of priority. Her first step is losing the attitude that if they are not top 30, they aren't good enough for her. Has it occurred to her that shes not good enough for the players ? They are second to last place three years running. What I am saying she should get solid five stars and build the programs from there instead of trying to find silver bullets.If she can get the team above 500 and in the top 5 or 6, she can make a decent pitch to blue stars as to why they should come.

Last edited by Alohajrtennis : 11-11-2012 at 05:44 PM.