View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #17
Netspirit
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainad View Post
How come the wind only blew on Djokovic's side of the court?
"How come the clay is slow and high-bouncing on Nadal's side of the court?" No, clay is slow everywhere but is it the very reason why Nadal wins.

Similarly, the wind neutralizes offense in tennis, rewards high-percentage play, gives pushers an advantage over shot-makers, and that 's why Murray beat Djokovic. I am not saying it is not deserved, I am saying the conditions were very unique and this victory does not suggest that Murray suddenly became a tennis legend, will be spanking Djokovic and everybody should be shocked by his SF exit.

Quote:
And if Fed had beaten Delpo 6-0,6-0 in their Olympic semi or vice versa, how the heck do we know what would have happened in the final?
We are not talking "ifs" here. Federer was physically and mentally drained after the semi-final, which he said himself after it was over. His play in the final was a clear indication of that.

Quote:
you're basically saying Murray is an EXCEPTIONALLY lucky player, virtually unique in the entire annals of the tour! Is that really what you want to say?
I want to say that Murray is a one-slam champion, good player like good one-slam champions before him, he has potential to become better and win more, but right now his improvements are moderate and people should not jump his bandwagon just because of the Olympic tournament and the USO. He still has stuff to prove.
Netspirit is offline   Reply With Quote