View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #23
Mainad
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netspirit View Post
"How come the clay is slow and high-bouncing on Nadal's side of the court?" No, clay is slow everywhere but is it the very reason why Nadal wins.
Well, I don't know. Are you asking a question here or making a statement?

Quote:
Similarly, the wind neutralizes offense in tennis, rewards high-percentage play, gives pushers an advantage over shot-makers, and that 's why Murray beat Djokovic. I am not saying it is not deserved, I am saying the conditions were very unique and this victory does not suggest that Murray suddenly became a tennis legend, will be spanking Djokovic and everybody should be shocked by his SF exit.
I'm sorry but I just reject your assertion that Murray is a simple 'pusher'. He too can make and set up shots. If he were merely a pusher, he would never have advanced as far as he has done. As for becoming a tennis legend, who says that he has? I'm merely asking if you think his play has slackened off somewhat since the USO win? I think it has and I'm querying the reasons for it.

Quote:
We are not talking "ifs" here. Federer was physically and mentally drained after the semi-final, which he said himself after it was over. His play in the final was a clear indication of that.
So what was Murray supposed to do? Say, 'Oh dear, Roger's just been in a gruelling semi-final with Delpo. I'd better go easy on him because the poor dear is scarcely going to be able to lift a racquet?' Or maybe the schedulers should have called off the final because Roger was too tired to play it? Or maybe Roger should have just pulled out and handed the medal to Murray? After all, no point in playing it was there when everyone thought he was too tired to give Murray a game anyway!

And I just hope the next time Murray has to play a gruelling semi-final, allowances will be made for HIM if he then goes on to lose badly in the final!

Quote:
I want to say that Murray is a one-slam champion, good player like good one-slam champions before him, he has potential to become better and win more, but right now his improvements are moderate and people should not jump his bandwagon just because of the Olympic tournament and the USO. He still has stuff to prove.
Who's jumping on his bandwagon?