View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #43
Towser83
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by veroniquem View Post
Fed's. 2 wins > 0 win. You only start comparing finals if the # of wins are equal. This year though that is not what happened. They both had 1 win but Djoko made semi in all slams and has 2 finals on top.
I agree that WTF would be the cherry on Fed's cake. It would make his season exceptional particularly in view of his age BUT # 1 + better perf in slams (1 title + 2 finals) to me overtakes #2 + WTF. It would put them close though, almost equal.
Well Djokovic being number one player is because he was more consistant in slams, so it's kind of the same point. But I'd say if Federer wins the WTF, Djokovic would be the more consistant player and deserving number one, but Federer would have won more big titles, and be the better winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veroniquem View Post
Doubt? Lol. 6 master finals + 3 slam finals + WTF final doesn't cast any doubt. The only thing a Fed WTF win would tell is that Fed is a better indoor player than Djoko. Big deal. That's something we already know from the stats anyway. That is not more important than slam stats. And Djoko beat Fed at AO and USO the last 4 times they met.
Don't get the point of bringing up Djokovic winning the last 4 times at USO and AO combined? Federer beat Djokovic at Wimbledon and RG 1 out of 2 times, might as well just say Djokovic won 5 out of the last 7, but even this has nothing to do with this year in which they are 1-1 at slams, both in titles and H2H. And better indoor player + better grass player + in terms of WINNING titles, better clay thanks to madrid. Point is in terms of winning titles, they've all had the chance across every surface, if Federer has managed to equal Djokovic without Indoor and then better him with it, it proves he's been better at winning titles.