View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #25
Mainad
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towser83 View Post
"this was the guy he beat in straights by the same margin at Shanghai"?

So?? This is the guy who has won 17 slams, most recently winning Wimbledon beating Murray in the final. This is the guy who leads murray in the H2H this year 3-2 (before you bring up overall h2h the point is both this year and overall, they are close) and is 2-2 with Djokovic. This is the guy who is defending WTF champion and has won 6 titles. This is the guy who has won 3 masters titles this year.
Stop being so melodramatic. I wasn't trying to attack Federer's unparalleled record in any way. I was merely trying to make the point that Murray had played with great confidence against Federer only very recently in Shanghai but collapsed ignominiously against him in the 2nd set at the WTF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netspirit View Post
You make it sound like Federer is some player murray should beat all the time. If Murray beat Federer 7-6 6-2, there is nothing in the world that should mean Federer can't do the same thing to him next time, especially at the WTF.
But don't you think it a bit odd that he couldn't make their match a bit closer given their recent record against each other? Well, I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netspirit View Post
Also Murray played very well vs Berdych and Djokovic this week. Djokovic had a bit too much and vs Berdych Murray did.
Hmmm. I've not been very impressed with Murray all week. Yes, he played just well enough to make the semis but I've been constantly concerned at his level of play in each of his matches. Frankly, I think he was a bit lucky to get out of most of them. Berdych and Tsonga were very error-prone and Murray again let leads slide against both Djokovic and Federer. IMO he has not really been clutch since the USO. know I've seen him play much better.