View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #33
Mainad
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towser83 View Post
I don't know if there's any huge significance in Murray beating Federer in Shanghai in 2008 and losing 3/3 in london. Remember that Federer is insanely hard to beat at the WTF
Delpo managed it!

Quote:
so Murray has done well to do it once, which happened to be in Shanghai. He's got years left to win this and/or beat federer, but I appreciate it's frustrating.
Actually, Murray had a rather cheeky, devil-may-care attitude towards Federer at that time. Since losing to him at the USO that year, he'd gone on a bit of a roll against him and beat him 4 times on the trot. At Shanghai, he had qualified for the semis but was determined to stop Federer from doing likewise. He actually said before their match, "I'm going to beat him!" and he did so although it took him 3 long and exhausting sets to do it. Afterwards, he had nothing left for the semi and got beaten. But he never regretted playing lights out to beat Federer. If only he could have rediscovered some of that youthful cockiness and confidence when he played against him last night!

Quote:
He did win the Olypic gold medal in front of a wimbledon crowd though, so that counts for a lot right?
Oh yes. Murray has nothing to be ashamed of at all this year!

Quote:
Well I are you gonna balme wind for the IW match or not? I was just using it as an example of a very one sided match where the previous match had featured Murray giving Nadal a bagel - totally different turnouts.
Lol... I just couldn't resist pointing out the irony of Murray and others blaming the windy conditions at 2009 IW as contributing to his loss when everyone is now saying how much the wind favoured him at 2012 USO!

Evidently, Murray doesn't think the wind helps him at all. But everyone else seems to think it does!