View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #36
Towser83
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainad View Post
Delpo managed it!

Actually, Murray had a rather cheeky, devil-may-care attitude towards Federer at that time. Since losing to him at the USO that year, he'd gone on a bit of a roll against him and beat him 4 times on the trot. At Shanghai, he had qualified for the semis but was determined to stop Federer from doing likewise. He actually said before their match, "I'm going to beat him!" and he did so although it took him 3 long and exhausting sets to do it. Afterwards, he had nothing left for the semi and got beaten. But he never regretted playing lights out to beat Federer. If only he could have rediscovered some of that youthful cockiness and confidence when he played against him last night!

Oh yes. Murray has nothing to be ashamed of at all this year!

Lol... I just couldn't resist pointing out the irony of Murray and others blaming the windy conditions at 2009 IW as contributing to his loss when everyone is now saying how much the wind favoured him at 2012 USO!

Evidently, Murray doesn't think the wind helps him at all. But everyone else seems to think it does!
Delpo did beat him but would you swap a 10-9 h2h for 4-13 and a london win? you know I think Murray could do it, but Federer is still a big favourite over everyone indoors. Occasionally he is going to lose, it's just a matter of both player's form on the day. Maybe also Roger kind of likes playing vs Murray with a British crowd - he's well used to playing Americans in America so maybe it actually helps give him motivation.

About the wind, I do think some players get effected more than others but basically there's no point talking about it, you deal with the conditions on court.