View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #72
Misterbill
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohajrtennis View Post
The first four definitely have an overall advantage. The Arizona schools I feel are a toss up, and really come down to the player. It's not just the weather, University of Washington is significantly better school academically and that is something I hope factors into recruit decisions. If the tennis programs were of equal quality, and I had to recommend one to my child, I would certainly recommend UW over the Arizona schools. I understand this is a matter of opinion and we don't agree.
If Jill Hultquist takes your advice to recruit as a primary priority in her back yard....the PNW.....and is successful, you wouldn't have much of a chance to be making such a parental recommendation living out there in Hawaii, would you?

For the sake of your child's potential college tennis career, I hope no coach of a competitive D1 program....except Hawaii.....takes your advice.

Hmmmmmm.....maybe I'll check the U Hawaii roster right now to see if they are following your advice and succeeding at it, or are ending up doing what the UW and WSU coaches are doing.

Looks like U Hawaii is taking the Jill Hultquist route. I do not know if you have the same objections about the U Hawaii program as you do about U Washington, but it seems to me the points you are trying to make would be pretty applicable in your own back yard.