View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #53
martyr444
New User

Tension used for playtest-60lbs

Regular string set up-Genesis Razor Mains 16G, Solinco TB Mains 17G and Ashaway Kevlar 18G Mains-Crosses on all 3 WC Silver at 60lbs

Racquet brand and model used for test-Donnay X-White

Power of test string-First hits in cold mornings (40 degrees) low power, power picked up each time with sun bringing temps to 60 degrees.

Feel-Once it heated up feel was good for a poly (I'm more of a power player verses a feel and touch shot player)

Spin-Not as heavy as normal but still brought enough for control

Comfort-Comfort level was good especially once temps got higher

Durability-Got one week’s worth of use averaging 2 hours daily before it snapped

Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time)-As I got to the middle of the week I could feel the tension loss, but was still controllable.

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?)-Lower trajectory compared to my usual setups, so this was good for flat shots and slices. Towards the end of the week I started to lose some confidence on predictability.

Compare to the string you use most often-This was better for flat shots but not as good for spin.

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?)-If I were to use this string this time of the year, I would drop my tension down to 55lbs to offset the cold weather and even lower if it's damp outside.

Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes.-I liked it for flat hitting and not as much for my spin. Some reason I loss some of the control I usually have on my flat server, something I could have gotten use to with time.

Thanks for the test TW!
martyr444 is offline   Reply With Quote