View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #17
tennis_pro
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bawss View Post
Yes I am mad that he let slip an opportunity to put his WTF title haul out of reach completely.

Fed WAS clutch. Not anymore. You want clutch? Look no further than Sampras, Nadal or Djokovic.
Every "clutch" player declines FFS, what has Sampras done in 2001-2002 other than one fluked US Open aided by a paethetic draw and Agassi taking out Hewitt in the semis? Where was his clutchness?

My God you people make me sick sometimes. The fact that Federer made this match so competitive while not being enough consistent is a testimony to his greatness. Maybe Sampras seemed more clutch cause he didn't have huge expectations on his shoulders in every match like Federer has?

Man, Federer just had a year when he had a dead even 50 % h2h record against Djokovic, Murray and Nadal who are 5-6 years younger than him. Some people are impossible to please!

I understand you're dissapointed with the loss today (I am as well) but that doesn't give you the right to critisize Federer's effort. Nadal and Murray would get pummeled by Djokovic of today. Murray himself lost to Federer in straight sets while Nadal didn't even bother to play. So much for them being clutch.