View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #7302
NickC
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross K View Post
Re the form of Spurs and their management - and re Villa, Liverpool and Swansea - the key word still has to be patience.

Frustrating though, and as the saying goes, the unpopular AVB leaves himself as a hostage to fortune when we lose to the likes of Wigan at home (losses to City and Chelsea are different). I'd also point out that new signings, Siggi and Dempsey, haven't wowed the fans at all (I'm with them on that), and players like Gallas, Walker and Huddlestone, to varying degrees, have also put in some p*** poor showings.

I had a jokey dig a few posts back about why Wenger didn't go in for Berbatov in the summer as they could so do with a player of his talents. Well, I could easily say the same of course re AVB and Spurs.
Oh come the hell off it Ross, Dempsey scored the winner at United away. When was the last time Spurs won at Old Trafford before that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feña14 View Post
I think Cavani will probably cost the same as Falcao. I heard about the Arsenal link too and I had to laugh, they think they can get him for £30 Million

The price was £35 Million in the summer, he signed a new contract with a bigger buyout clause since then. Not sure why Arsenal think they can get him for so cheap.
Arsenal think they can get Cavani for 30 million? How about we give Napoli Torres, Mikel and 5 million for Cavani? Seems like a fair trade, Torres is probably worth 20-25 million, Mikel isn't worth anything on his own, and 5 million is the sweetner.