View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #83
Alohajrtennis
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterbill View Post
Don't know what is so hard to figure out.

First, if you go on a message board and tell someone to "go look it up", I think it is not unreasonable to expect that someone would consider that to be condescending...... and in fact, I think there might be a pretty good chance that more direct, graphic terms would be used to describe any person who feels a compulsion to post that way.
Pot, kettle, black. Sorry, but do you really think people don't see through your passive aggressive routine ? Lecture me in the number of blue chips and the 'need for accuracy' and your snarky little "but you knew that" comments, and then call me condescending...amazing...

Quote:
Second, if requirements.....in any facet of business or sports.....can be satisfied through the first priority solutions, I think you don't get to the secondary priority solutions. Otherwise, I think, the first priority would not be the first priority.
This is just, well, silly. Coaches, or business people, or elementary school kids for that matter, are expected to manage multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities. For instance one of my primary responsibilities is to work to support my family, but I still manage to spend time(too much) on this message board, and do other things, like eat, for instance. I really can't believe how I have to explain how the PNW should be her primary but not exclusive area for recruiting.

Quote:
Just my opinions. Now on to the substance.

I am not ready to give Jill Hultquist advice that she should take a run at every five star, and the top four stars in her section. And I don't know why that advice....whether it is good or bad..... is even directed solely at her and not at the Washington State coach or the U Hawaii coach, for example, or any other coach.
Have you even been reading this thread ? Its directed at her becuase she made the quote. And the thread was started(by someone else, not me) because one of her foreign "blue chip" equivalents lost to a 12 year old.I didn't start this thread to call her out. But I don't mind doing it either.

Quote:

Maybe the disconnect in our views is that you are primarily interested in the success of the U Washington women's tennis program (why this might be, you haven't disclosed), and I am primarily interested here in the Junior Forum in the perspective of potential recruits who are sizing up their chances of getting an offer from UW and trying to figure how much time, effort and emotion to devote to that endeavor.
More passive-aggressive stuff, sweet. Imply all you want that I have some secret hidden motive but I think I have been very straight forward. I don't have any interest in University of Washington beyond the interest of the vast majority of tennis parents who are deeply disturbed at the trend in foreign scholarships. My concern is that another top 50 university has for all intents and purposes closed its doors to American tennis players. While there are a significant number of tennis scholarships available for women players, they increasingly being shut out of the best universities by coaches like this.