View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #55
Andyroo10567
Professional

Finally got it strung up. Sorry it took a while.
Tension used for playtest : 55 lb

Regular string set up : Babolat Revenge 17g

Racquet brand and model used for test : Babolat Pure Drive Team

Power of test string : Somewhat similar power level compared to my Babolat Revenge strings. Not too low power, not too much. Just right, but still, I wouldn't switch to this string based on this factor alone.

Feel : Feel felt solid and not too bad. But with all the strings i've previously used, this would probably be a pretty average one i would just pass on using.

Spin : I was getting a little bit more, but its hard to tell because i use an eastern grip. I'm occasionally hitting flat but I've tried my best to figure this section out since my main racquet was still strung with revenge it was easier to compare.

Comfort : Nice pop on the ball, felt nice. My arm must have loved this string . This would have made me switch but the other categories just don't fit with me. Felt better than my Revenge.

Durability : Lasted me about 2 days, 3 hour hitting sessions per day. Kept at room temp. while not playing. Temp. outside was about 50'ish degrees.

Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time) : Lost a significant amount of tension after being left for a while. Still wasn't too bad. Played just fine the day after but had to adjust a bit.

Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?) : This was very easy for me to judge. I have somewhat big strokes and still played like federer as always! ( joking here... I played normally. [ I've been working on control over the fall ] )
Compare to the string you use most often : Similar power, feel was different. Revenge felt a lot more stiff. Spin potential was slightly the same compared to Revenge. Power similar.

Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?) : maybe 53, since i've seen the power was just fine i felt like i wanted MORE OF DAT POWER. Control wouldn't effect me much, but hey, i can always adjust.

Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes.
Like : The feel. Dat feel... I like it. Crisp and solid for me. Something i would like in my freaking revenge. That i get twang sounds from.

Dislike : Spin. I wish this had more potential for this category.
OVERALL, not a bad string, I would definitely recommend it to a couple of my friends in search for some strings.

Thanks TW for giving me the opportunity to test!