View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #55
tennis_pro
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
I assume the USATODAY (first post) just came up with the story to blast Federer and to make "their favorite" Djokovic look better?

I don't know what the "rule" is, however, they say it is "traditional" which equals RESPECT. Taditionally, you let the "ladies first", but there is no written rule -- it is pure respect. I assume that logic does not apply in your village...

Additionally, DJOKOVIC towel was on the left seat which should be a clear indicator.

Some would care, some (arogant) would not give a crap...
Nice try ("I assume that logic does not apply in your village" - HILARIOUS) but you still haven't answered my question. Why did Federer take the chair on the right in the Fed-Ferrer match at the 2007 Tennis Masters Cup? There are a few possible answers:

1) Nobody gives a crap about which seats to take, you take the one you like.
2) The rule (which no-one has confirmed so far - I myself have been following tennis for years now yet I've never heard of this) that the higher ranked player has to seat on the left was introduced after 2007. If this was true, it could somehow explain Federer's behavior as he was used to sitting "wherever he wanted to" for years.
3) He took the wrong seat but didn't notice it, not that it mattered.
4) He took the wrong seat because he's humble and wanted Ferrer to feel better.

Last edited by tennis_pro : 11-13-2012 at 04:29 PM.
tennis_pro is offline   Reply With Quote