View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 01:25 AM   #173
Feather
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikdom View Post
First notice the leading question.

Q. When you were winning your original Masters Cups and these kinds of titles, we were talking about being attacking tennis being to the fore. Now weíre talking about defensive tennis as the norm. Would you like to see or could you see a day when we talk more about attacking tennis than defensive tennis?
ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, itís easy fix. Just make quicker courts, then itís hard to defend. Attacking style is more important. Itís only on this type of slow courts that you can defend the way we are all doing right now.
I think itís exciting, but no doubt about it, itís tough. What you donít want is that you hit 15 great shots and at the end, it ends up in an error.
So I think sometimes quicker courts do help the cause. I think it would help from time to time to move to something a bit faster. That would help to learn, as well, for many different players, different playing styles, to realize that coming to the net is a good thing, itís not a bad thing.
Then again, the tour has to decide, the tournament directors have a big say in it.
Iím happy with this court. Itís faster. Itís fine, too. Iíve played on all different speeds. But I think some variety would be nice, some really slow stuff and then some really fast stuff, instead of trying to make everything sort of the same. You sort of protect the top guys really by doing that because you have the best possible chance to have them in the semis at this point, I think.
But should that be the goal? Iím not sure.

http://www.tennis-x.com/xblog/2012-11-13/11008.php
Nice post nikdom. Thanks a lot for posting it. It's the question that led to that answer from Roger Federer. Many posting in this thread would either ignore it or don't have the brains to get it