View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #5
charliefedererer
Legend

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo View Post
Also, I want to add to the fact that sometimes, the torn pieces of partial tears can get "caught". And I can't imagine that being fun at all.

Partial tears generally don't require surgeries, the body can take care of it. Unless the pieces get caught/trapped within the join and the torn pieces are just shaved off during the surgery. Or, if the partial tear is approaches to that of a complete tear, AND/OR the patient requests to return at/near pre-injury performance level.

I was the latter with my shoulder. Had a partially torn supraspinatus and posterior labrum, told my doctor I want to return to pre-injury performance level. So he went in and cleaned up the mess, essentially putting the joint in the best possible environment to heal.
That's a very good point.

Inflammation can produce an overabundance of internal scar tissue that can "glue together" tendon/muscle/ligaments that should be smoothly gliding past one another during movement.

All the more reason for a careful reevaluation by a local expert to determine what is really going on in Rickson, and what options are open to him.
charliefedererer is offline   Reply With Quote