View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #26
charliefedererer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick3391 View Post
That's great and clearly you put alot of work in it, I truly appreciate that. It also explains why my Psoriasis has come back a bit, a boost in my already overactive immune system
Most of us tennis players are pretty stubborn.

If we weren't, we never would have made much progress, stopping for every little ache or pain.

But once a real overuse injury occurs, I think if we can understand what is going on, we can take some time off knowing it is the only way we can make progress to eventually get back to the sport we love.

Also, I would really encourage you to add in the Thrower's Ten to your weight lifting regimen to prevent future injuries.

You also might be interested in looking at this site to modify your current off court training. The rotational movements of the core on the legs are not ones that are targeted by most weight lifters. By incorporating more of the exercises like lunges, and the use of medicine balls, you can help prevent back, hip and knee injuries that seem to crop up in too many players.

The Elite Approach to Tennis Strength Training http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com...-training.html

Best wishes for as speedy a recovery as possible!

Last edited by charliefedererer : 11-14-2012 at 10:23 AM.
charliefedererer is offline   Reply With Quote