View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #78
*Sparkle*
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis_Hands View Post
I didn't miss the point. In this analogy there is nothing.
You think there's nothing, because you missed the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis_Hands View Post
Besides, where did you see me disrespecting someone's achievements?
That's not what I said. I talked in general terms about how some Roger fanatics struggle to respect any achievement that he hasn't achieved. Roger has not won Olympic gold, and IMO, some of his fans find it easier to think it's not an important accolade than it is for them to accept he didn't win something important. Whether or not you choose to include yourself in that group has nothing to do with me.

Moving back a bit. I'd imagine it would be a wonderful feeling to win the Davis Cup, but it's not as if anyone can be blamed for not winning it. It would be a great experience, but so utterly dependent on other people that it would be wrong to use it as a means of judging their place in history. But there's no reason to assume that's what this thread is about.

Personally, I think that if you'd asked Roger in January of this year if he'd like three more slams, or two more and Olympic gold, he'd pick the latter. He'd want it not just because it (IMO) enhances his legacy, but because winning gold for your country is a great thing to have done, and for Roger, doing it in singles is going to be more satisfying than doing it in doubles.
*Sparkle* is online now   Reply With Quote