View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #38
Murrayalmagrofan
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyups View Post
Sorry to hear about the ankle roll. I use McDavid ankle braces, the lightweight black ones. In fact I have never rolled an ankle using braces the last 25 years or so playing basketball or tennis. But a few years ago I rolled one really badly when I wasn't wearing them.
I see you put your slazengers up for sale. Are you sure it's not premature? They are super solid once they are customized. Plus they feel and look great. Be careful of the honeymoon period. That being said, maybe the tfights could outperform them for me. Or maybe the donnay pro one 16X19. BLX95 is getting a bit small headsize wise for me. Good luck.
Thanks. I've picked up an ankle brace and will probably always wear one from now on when I play on clay.

Regarding the "honeymoon period" - I had a chance to let my coach try the racquets and he also recommended that I switch to the TFight 325. The Slazenger Pro Braided is a great racquet for a serve-n-volleyer, but for an all-court player who gets to the net once, maybe twice a game, it needs more plow-through to deal with those heavy paced baseline rallies.

I feel my game has evolved to a point where the Slazenger was starting to become deficient. This is the reason why I do a 6 month playtest...