View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 03:54 AM   #8
TripleB
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El 34 View Post
based on what you have said the gold is where you are leaning, but don't sleep on the silver either.... we sell a lot more silver where I am at than the gold... a little more free power
When I first started looking at the Donnay racquets I will say it was the Gold 99 that first got my attention.

But as I looked at them more, and took a look at the customization kit available, the Silver started looking more like a better choice. I could start with the lighter weight Silver and then add weight to it until I got it the way I wanted. I'm afraid that with the Gold at 11.5 ounces, if I didn't like it stock, by the time I added weight to it then it would be a little more stick than I cared to handle.

After looking at the Silver I thought I would also throw the X-P Dual Black 102 in there as well since it might make a nice 'base' racquet to add some weight to. However it looks as though the Donnay Customization Kit is not longer available at T-W.

I'm still having pain in my right elbow even though I haven't played in over a month, so 'comfort' may become an important category for me.

Thank you for your input.

TripleB

Last edited by TripleB : 11-15-2012 at 05:03 AM.
TripleB is offline   Reply With Quote