View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:01 AM   #52
cc0509
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batz View Post
Am I bent out of shape? I thought I was just addressing the ridicilous assertion that Murray had only played well in 2012 at the USO.

Is this thread about the relative slam records and overall standing in the game of the top 4 or is this thread about who will win what in 2013? I thought it was about the latter - but you seem to be arguing about the former. Murray's overall place in the pantheon of tennis greats has the square root of feck all to do with his chances of winning a slam next year.
Yes and no. True that his place in the pantheon of tennis greats may have nothing to do with whether or not he wins a slam in 2013, but at the same time, you have to understand the hesitation on the part of some fans to predict his future slam chances because of his record with other greats in the past. The bottom line is Murray has to prove he is capable of being a multiple slam winning champion and until he does people will be skeptical and rightly so. Personally, I think he will win more slams in the future and defeat the other top three or four.
cc0509 is offline   Reply With Quote