View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 07:02 AM   #139
Power Player
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heycal View Post
That's all well and good, but why isn't Pet Sounds a better album?

Fantastic? Not quite. A fine song, yes, but I don't think it's going on anyone's "100 songs I'm bringing to a desert island" list.
I know plenty of people who would disagree with both of those statements, Many are much more accomplished in the music business than yourself. One is personally responsible for over 7 platinum albums. In the music industry, Pet Sounds is considered one of the greatest records in the past 50 plus years. The fact that the label of the past did not properly market it, has no affect on that current opinion. It was essentially far ahead of it's time when released.

The only reason I bring this up is because you are making subjective statements as if they are facts. Your opinion of song quality is no better than any other average fan. At least the people I cite have made careers in music so I would carry their opinion far more over yours.

If you have ever had your job on the line where you have had to predict hit songs, song order and allocate promotional budget than you may have some set of ears that makes your opinion more respected. But I sincerely doubt this is the case.

Last edited by Power Player : 11-15-2012 at 07:06 AM.
Power Player is offline   Reply With Quote