View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:44 AM   #61
gtshark1
Rookie

Default Review

Tension used for playtest- 59# I'm one of those odd people that likes poly at the higher tensions
Regular string set up- Beast XP hybrid with GOGSM
Racquet brand and model used for test- Prince Ozone Tour
Power of test string- Mid power with this one. One of the better factors of the string for me. Felt like it wasnt dead but it also had some pace when I hit my regular ground strokes. I didnt care for the power on the serve, but again ground stroke power was in the middle which is what I like.
Feel- Unfortunatly my biggest complaint about this string was the feel. I didnt like it on any stroke from serve, ground, volley. It just never felt sweet hitting in any spot.
Spin- Like power, this was a positive for me. It didnt add extra spin but I was happy with what I got out of my efforts to produce spin and the regular spon rate of my normal strokes. Many polys I have tried have dissapointed me lately and I was very happy with this string in this area.
Comfort- Nothing to report here as far as negative or plus. Pretty average but not getting a good feel led me to be a little uncortable playing with the string if I was playing a high stakes match. Mentally, the lack of feel might bother me.
Durability- I'm not a big string breaker so I have no problems with durrability. This string was the same as others for me.
Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time)- Tension drop was not significant and the racquet felt fine after a few hours of play. I still have the string in my racquet and its fine.
Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?)- Another positive here. I felt depth was easily controlled and actually helped me. The trajectory was great with the ease of spin. Flattening out shots was no problem and heavy top was just as good.
Compare to the string you use most often I found it similair to Beast but the feel wasnt as good. Spin, power, etc was extremely near my experiences with Beast.
Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?) I might drop it down a few #'s to see if the feel improves. I have tried that with other polys in the past and just dont like the lower tensions but again, I liked the power and spin so I would give it another try to see if feel improves.
Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes.- Very happy with the spin opertunities. That has been a big factor in my search for the perfect string. I know the thought of the player producing spin but I also like a string that is helpful. This string fits the bill. Dislike would be the feel. Maybe another go round at a slightly lower tension.