Thread: from 1 to 2.
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
tennisfreak73
New User

Default from 1 to 2.

hi all,

for over 25 years (i'm 39 now) off and on i've had a one handed backhand, which for the most part has never been a weapon as i use it to slice and i occasionally come over it when attacked. not to say a slice can't be a weapon, but its definitely not a finishing shot. at any rate, over the years i've slowly noticed a gradual shift in tennis, probably due to new racquet technology, string technology, and more modern techniques implemented. as a result i've had, for a number of years, consistently had a harder time dealing with all the power, spin, and angles of balls hit to my backhand. i find myself constantly on the defense (being pushed back) on my bh side and even when on court i'm in an offensive position i find it difficult to attack. perhaps i don't trust my bh anymore or never have, but now i'm losing to players who simply take advantage of my bh. my goal is to make it bh more of a weapon and a shot i can trust by converting it to a 2hbh. has anyone converted from 1 to 2 and what was your experience and end result? did you revert back, or stay the course? any info, comments, suggestions, thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
TF
tennisfreak73 is offline   Reply With Quote