View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #58
Mitch Bridge
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazygamer2091 View Post
Who said anything about all the good players going to my school? I clearly said that the town next to me. As for spreading the wealth, refer to my post a few days prior about the high school tennis being only competitive at 1st and 2nd singles around here because of the number of nationally ranked players that decide to play.

Frankly, I feel like you're being rather stubborn. You proposed an idea and almost everyone is against it. I think it's time you backed down a bit and take a closer look at what we've all been saying Mitch instead of downplaying it and continuing to try to prove your point to no prevail. Have a nice day.
Your team...the team in the next town. Basically the same argument that mirroring college tennis will help spread the players out amongst more schools and the result is better competition. This will appear to hurt the dynasties, but things will settle in and high school tennis will be better off for it. Among most of the schools that I have had students involved in (hundreds) 20 to 50 kids go out for tennis. Most of these kids aren't looking to make varsin their 4 years of playing, so they aren't going to quit if the varsity team is shrunk. They may become more interested because they are developing much faster playing singles and doubles and having many more matches at the JV and Frosh/Soph levels.