View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #32
BMC9670
Hall Of Fame

[quote=Bedrock;7017893]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga tennis View Post
NO GOOD 10 YEAR OLD SHOULD BE PLAYING GREEN DOTS!!! A good 9 or ten year old should be playing regulation only. Green dots hurt these kids alot more than they help.Under 8 should be multi colored balls but 9 and 10 year olds need to be regulation.Unless they are just getting started and if thats the case they should be green dot.In Ga ALL the good 9 and 10 year olds play up in the 12s.Watching a ten and under tournament is SAD!!! I just wanna tell the parents do you realize you are hurting your child more than helping them unless the kid is just getting started.
I agree with you. BUT, here in this section, all USTA 10U tournaments are orange, and lower level 12U are green. Not many competitive opportunities for a good 10 year old to play regulation. We have stayed out of USTA for the most part due to this and play club/team tennis or non-sanctined local tournaments, which are regulation.

I've said it a million times. The colored balls have their place in teaching/development, but the mandates hold many back with less choices and opportunities.

Last edited by BMC9670 : 11-15-2012 at 12:14 PM.