View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #512
kiki
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicare View Post
Borg is ahead of Nadal. he has pedigree on both slow and fast courts. nadal, for a lack of better word, sucks on fast courts. That is all i need to know.

Also Borg's 11 slams come from 3 majors a year since no one played AO. So if we normalize his major count, we get

11 *4/3 = 14.66 ~ 15 majors.

Or you can pick the most important non-slam tournament from that era and add it to Borg's slam count. Either way, Borg is miles ahead of Nadal.

Like I said in some other post, Nadal needs 3 more non-FO slams, preferably from at least 2 of the majors on top of what he already has. nadal could win another 50 FO's, it doesnt add anything to his GOAT status. he needs to double his non-clay resume and add some big indoor titles to go above borg. unfortunately, I don't see that happening. sucks cos nadal works hard, he was just never as talented as borg or federer.

Borg is no.2 on the all time great list. ahead of sampras who is in a way reverse nadal. great on fast courts but comparatively sucked on slow courts.

P.S sorry to school you like this but sometimes adults have to discipline kids with honest talk. i am sure you will get over it.
For once I agree with you
Fact is AO does not equal WCT or Masters during Borg days so we must consider indoor majors when comparing both guys