View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 04:32 AM   #14
TripleB
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringtight View Post
That said, I am having a problem hitting the ball short with the Gold99. I like all the Donnay racquets so far. I'm not sure which I will get yet, but I am leaning toward the Gold99. Just feels like heaven when I hit the ball! Even on miss hits! I also have elbow issues and the Gold 99 never hurts my elbow! The others are soft, but slightly more harsh on off center hits.
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I haven't tried any of them yet but "on paper" I might be leaning towards the Silver to get that extra bit of pop and then use the weights to customize it to the weight of my liking. One of my concerns is that the Gold is already 11.5 ounces so to keep it in my target weight range I wouldn't be able to customize it very much, if at all.

I never really had elbow problems in the past but ever since I spent some time with the TT Warrior Midplus a year or two ago my right elbow has been a bit tender. Haven't played tennis in over a month now and it's still tender just from doing everyday tasks (of course traveling around on crutches all the times doesn't seem to be helping it any either).

Again, thanks for your comments.

TripleB