View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 07:04 AM   #4578
mikeler
G.O.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgator80 View Post
Sometimes injuries actually improve your game.
I wish I could cite some kind of injury as a reason for the result last night but nothing was hurting me except my pride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS View Post
Hey, Mike---I finally got my set of Discho Microfibre last week. It was impressive, but at 57 lbs (my usual tension for a soft multi), it felt way tight. So, you still think 54 is the magic number for this one? (I still owe you an ahi burger, or two.)
I went back down to 50 pounds last night on DM. In the cooler weather, 54 does not have quite the pop I like in the Exo. For me not to ace ssgator80 even once is a crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
Classic 16 is definitely softer than Legend 16. I have about 8.5 hours on Classic now, and I think it's going to break in the next hour or two, but I've been breaking lots of strings lately, so I can't compare the durability to Legend, but I'm pretty sure it withstands shanks better than typical multis and lasts longer than multis too.

I don't think I play any better with Classic than I do with Legend. In fact, I think I might be better at the net with Legend because it's more crisp. Classic seems to have less power which is good and bad. I'm pleasantly surprised sometimes to see balls land just inside the baseline.

I'm going to try Tonic 16 and Classic 16L sometime in the near future. I'm not that optimistic about Classic 16L because the durability of the 16 gauge is not quite what I wanted, but I already bought it and might as well try it.

I think I do prefer Classic over Legend because of the softness. Playability is close. Durability is a question mark. I would not say it's 100x better.
The Wilson gut had this huge sweet spot and very noticeable power and spin increase versus any multis I've used. I was expecting the same thing with the Klip but it was just very average. I don't want average for $26 a pack. Ssgator80 could buy 13 cans of crappy Penn Championship balls with that money.
mikeler is offline   Reply With Quote