Thread: Pk 7g
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 07:12 AM   #11
Ramon
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeler View Post
I'm in a slump right now, so take my comments with that in mind. It did not take me long to adjust to the Exo 16x18. I played very well with it until recently. My game did change into more of a defensive retrieving style though. With the 7G, I could hit the flatter putaway shots much better. I'm still not confident enough with the Exo to attempt those type shots consistently. Many seem to go into the net when I do. So like others have mentioned, I end up putting a bunch of spin on the ball to make sure I can get it over the net. I also tend to hit more serves in the net but maybe that has something to do with going back to a regular length racket. The bottom line is that the Exo is easier on my arm and that is all I care about right now.
On my Ki 5x (updated 7G) I'm using Pacific Classic and the Wilson Shock Shield replacement grip. This is the most comfortable setup I've used in a long time. I can't really compare it to the EXO3 Tour because it's been so long since I tried it, but the crisp feeling I like is still there, and I'm swinging harder than I ever have. I'm guessing it would work similarly with the 7G.
Ramon is offline   Reply With Quote