View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 07:59 AM   #178
Dedans Penthouse
Hall Of Fame

Thumbs up ~ All is right in NBA Land ~

~ The Knickerbockers ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Worker View Post
Damn Celtics! Can't even beat Brooklyn - the Mets of the NBA...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo View Post
Doesn't help when the refs rob a team of a key steal late in the game.
^^^^ Hey! ..... keep it "classy" u kids ;-]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feņa14 View Post
How was the game? Just looking at the box score it looks like a good one, the scoring was spread out between both teams. I see Parker and Anthony missed more than they're used to though!
Hola FenaCatorce,
Knicks were down by 11 with 7 minutes left, then went on a 22-11 run to pull it out. Raymond Felton was lights out as was J.R. Smith. Kidd contributed a pair of clutch three-pointers down the stretch. The Spurs focused on stopping Carmelo Anthony from scoring and it worked--he ended up with only 9 points. They double and at times triple-teamed him. Late in the 1st half, a frustrated Melo had a litte pity party while the Knicks were swinging the ball around to the open man (i.e. away from him) and he responded by forcing a number of shots to no effect. From there, he wised up and contributed significantly the rest of the way by playing team ball....hitting the open man, playing defense and rebounding.

Spurs didn't not shoot well (and had two turnovers) down the stretch, while the Knickerbockers turned up the "D" and lit it up both from downtown and driving/crashing the boards. Of course the NYK will come back down to earth, but for now, I'll chirp if you don't mind (wink).....I mean one can take just so much non-stop chatter from the Late Nite West Coast-based ESPN Sportscenter about the Lakers' Phil/D'antoni/losing/panic soap opera...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood9826 View Post
I wasnt paying attention to the NBA the WNBA stole the headlines last night.[size=1]
Former WNBA star Chamique Holdsclaw is in custody after being accused of shooting into a woman's car after using a bat... to break its windows.
Na,na,na,naaa.....you obviously meant to say, "and in other news?..."