View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
JetFlyr
Rookie

Default Technique on Crosses (2 questions)

I've been meaning to ask this for awhile, and when I saw Jim post something about it in another thread, I saw my opportunity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim e View Post
As far as cross string weaving goes, if you start the weaving under the first main you will then be going over the last main, and the reverse is true as well, so if you start the same way each time, (I start typically going under the first main, as it is easier for me to go over the last main as it is a straight shot into the grommet that way, and saves me a little more time) . That way if you end the same way each time there will not be a mis weave unless there is an unlikely 2 mis weaves in one row.
Now you can string and not bother to check for a mis weave.
I also string my crosses this way. It seems easier to weave and I like the straight shot into the grommet.

What do most of you do, and why do you do it that way?

Also, what's the best way to get rid of the "bowing" of the crosses? Some people call it the "smiley face." I weave one ahead, pull crosses for at least 20 seconds, but I still get some of the bowing on the crosses. Recently, I've started using the prestretch feature of my Wise at 20% and this seems to have helped some, but I'm worried about taking some of the resilience out of the string.
JetFlyr is offline   Reply With Quote