View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #339
I Heart Thomas Muster
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonemains View Post
Are you really using the yt rad pro with gut at 54?

How much power do you need?

Wow, I would hate to be returning your serves man
Actually my serve is the weakest part of my game. I played on red clay for years and was content to spin them in and grind out the points. Now that I'm in my mid thirties I'm working to flatten out the first for some free points. Playing a young man's grinding game on hard courts now got this senior citizen a congratulatory kiss from Achilles tendinitis.

The YT Rad Pro is an uncontrollable, awesome feeling cannon in stock form. I could not keep the ball on the court and was chewing through strings every two hours (TNT 16 and NRG 16 as I was a late convert to polys). After two sessions I put them up for sale but on a whim put half an ounce of lead tape on the handle and put a poly/syn gut hybrid in and they were like new racquets. Still had a nice heft in hand and that soft, comfortable feel but the power had been tamed. The natural gut in the mains and poly on the cross is comfortable, produces the most spin of any strings I've used and the poly really reigns in the power of the natural gut. Previously I was using Fischer Pro One's with TNT or NRG at 67 lbs but I've been working my way down. Don't think I'll be able to go any lower with the YT Rad Pros.