View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #17
TripleB
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15 View Post
I played with the silver for several months, and moved to the XP, which is my current racquet. I haven't tried the others on your list.

I like the Donnays because I think they are uniquely arm friendly compared to any other racquets I've hit. I never have any elbow pain, and rarely have any arm soreness compared to other brands.

I also like the thin beams, although for me it's probably more of a mental thing.

XP vs. Silver? For me, the XP 102 Black seems to have a bit more pop. I serve better with it too (get more balls in).
Did you use any weight customization with the Silver or XP Black 102? If so, what was your favorite set up?

I was hoping to stay under 22mm for the width (mental thing with me as well) and notice that the XP Black 102 is 23mm in some spots...where is this racquet the widest? Does it "play like a wider bodied racquet?"

Is the Black just as friendly on the arm as the Silver? I see the specs say it is slightly more flexy but I was just wondering if the lighter weight might cause stability problems with shock being translated to the arm.

Thanks for your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd! View Post

Agree on the power but yet it is very controlable power, and serving is great.
Let the OP make his own experience, looking into his racquet history on this board, we should not worry too much the time will come, that he will appreciate the strengths of X-P Dual
Thanks for the input...do you find the X-P Black 102 to be arm friendly as well? The longer I go without playing tennis and still having my elbow hurt, the more I think that 'arm friendliness' is the most important factor in my next racquet.

Yea...hopefully these racquets are still around when I'm able to get back out on a tennis court - June 2013. If they go super cheap before then I may just have to purchase one (along with the Customization Kit) and go with it.

TripleB