View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 06:14 AM   #64
jim e
Hall Of Fame

Tension used for playtest 48 lbs.
Regular string set up Wilson Nat. gut full set 64lbs.
Racquet brand and model used for testHead Radical OS Agassi Ltd.
Power of test stringPower was about medium for a poly, but combined with the control was a decent balance. 3/5
Feel Was not dead or harsh, but more between crisp and soft.I would have preferred a little more lively of a feel. 3/5
SpinI am more of traditional old style flat ball hitter, but spin was there when needed, and did last for the duration of the strings life, even though it did break rather fast.4/5
Comfort For a poly it was very easy on the arm. 4/5
Durability
Playability Duration (share thoughts on if/how the playability changed over time) Well, the string broke on a shanked serve on the 5 hour mark (2 hours of doubles, and 3 hours of singles). really did not seem to change during this period so...
tension stability seemed great for the duration the string lasted, but only lasted for 5 hours before it broke, tension stability 4/5, durability 2/5
Control (predictable trajectory? performance on different strokes and swing speeds?) This is a great control string. I really liked this feature of the string.Baseline shots had good predictability, as well as serves.4/5
Compare to string used most often Compared to Nat. gut the control was wayup there, this had good control, and I would think this should be rated as a control string, but as comfort is good for a poly as it is easy on arm, it is not in same category as nat. gut. and as to power, and feel compared to nat. gut it is really no comparison as nat gut has it beat. Not sure if it is fair to compare this string to nat. gut, but that is what is asked for here.The control is about the only thing this string may have on nat. gut, but no comparison to other features.
Tension recommendations (after hitting it, would you recommend a different tension? Why?) For the control and feel I would keep the same at 48 lbs.
Summary: List 1 or 2 primary likes and dislikes.
Dislikes, short durability, as shanked serve snapped it at 5 hour mark.I have hit shanks at times with nat. gut and the nat gut still lasted longer.I liked the control, but would still prefer nat. gut due to its super feel, comfort, and power, especially for my more flat style of play.
Thank you for playtest.

Last edited by jim e : 11-17-2012 at 08:48 AM.
jim e is offline   Reply With Quote